Just got a long weekend off and wondering where to travel to? Well, we have got you covered with a list of some of the best weekend getaways in India. So, what are you waiting for? The number of festivities and a list of holidays is an excellent excuse to go on a short trip. The list has some of the best places to relax and unwind from the stress of everyday life. From snow-clad mountains and beaches to caves and forts, we have covered everything for you.
- Gokarna, Karnataka– Gokarna is most popularly known for its serene and non-commercialized beaches and Mahabaleshwar temple. If you are searching for a destination to chill, then this is where you should go. It is the land of palm trees, golden sands and blue seas. Gokarna is an incredibly mesmerizing place in Karnataka that hosts beautiful beaches, sprawling landscapes and gorgeous views. It is located close to Bangalore, Mumbai and Goa and therefore, makes an excellent destination for a quick getaway from the hustle of the city.
- Auli, Uttarakhand– Auli, a hill station in the Himalayan ranges of Uttarakhand, is known as the skiing destination of India. It offers mesmerizing panoramic views of the snow-clad mountains lined with coniferous trees. It is quite close to Badrinath, a famous pilgrim site, considered as one of the ‘Char Dhams’ in India. The Vasundhara falls, and the Ganesha Caves are some of the must-visit in this place.
- Chilika Lake, Puri – The Chilika Lake is truly a paradise for bird watchers and nature lovers. It is the most massive internal saltwater pond that can be found in Asia. The lake hosts a few small islands and is surrounded by fisheries and salt-pans around its shore. The island is situated in the heart of coastal Odisha. It offers a spell-bounding view of Gopalpur and is a perfect weekend getaway destination.
- Ooty, Tamil Nadu – Ooty, a small hill station town, is often known as the ‘Queen of Hills’. Ooty is a perfect getaway for every mountain lovers. Ooty was once regarded as the summer headquarters of the East India Company. It provides the best weather to unwind and rejuvenate looking at the picturesque hills.
- Ajanta and Ellora Caves, Maharashtra – The Ajanta and Ellora Caves are a world heritage cave site and one of the most important ones at that owing to its magnificent paintings and well-carved sculptures. These caves are one of the most excellent examples of intricate Indian paintings and sculptures. It is a perfect weekend destination if you wish to derive an enriching experience from your travel.